CPR for Writers is my "help book" for writers. It's a lot of fun. As a service, I'll be posting tips from the trove here.
Steps for a standard outline
- Choose your subject.
- Define your purpose and intended audience.
- State your ideas in complete sentences.
- Develop each idea with supporting material.
- Arrange your ideas in a logical, understandable way.
- Check whether each idea actually supports your subject and purpose.
- Look for connections between ideas.
- Proofread. (There's always one more typo!)
You are also welcome to ask questions ("mini-consultations") about writing concerns. Contact me at Kathy Writes, 541-432-3600.